Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fascinated by How Cashiers Used Barcode Scanners | locvideos.com

SkyPix Cordless Handheld ScannerWhen I was a kid, I was amazed at how cashiers used barcode scanners. My mom used to bring me with her whenever she went shopping. I loved doing that because I got to choose what food to buy and I could eat in my favorite restaurant and buy a toy, too. When it was our turn to pay, I asked the cashier how to use a barcode scanner. That was the very first time I ever saw one. They used to enter the product numbers manually on the computer and I got curious as to how they were able to do it with the new system. The cashier just smiled at me and she explained that the lines were the codes that the computer understood. I just nodded and watched her do the scanning. I was astonished at how computers understood lines correctly.

After paying up, I invited my mom to the toy store. She asked me what I had in mind. I didn’t understand why mom always knew that something was going on in my mind or that I was planning to do something. I told her to buy me a hand-held scanner like the one the cashier used. “I said so,” my mom replied. We immediately headed to the toy store and bought a pink scanner. I was so excited to go home and present my new toy to my siblings and friends.


0 comments:

Post a Comment