Thursday, March 15, 2012

Importance of Barcode Scanner « The Packrat Wifey

On my high school and college days  they tagged  me as  businesswoman because I sell candies and chocolates inside the classroom which help me to pay for photocopies, fare to school and home  and even to pay for my school projects.   There are times I have to go to the town market when it was our vacant period or our subject teacher didn’t show up, I walked instead of paying for a ride.  The town market is just 20 minutes walked from our classroom so I have plenty of time but sometimes there’s a lot of shoppers on the store I used to shop, I have to fall in line and wait. What makes it very slow is they don’t have barcode scanner, they have to write  all of the items purchased by a shopper in a paper then sum it up with calculator.

Barcode Scanner is very important in retail business because it can save time, reduce errors, cut cost and improve operational efficiency. I just wished they already have a barcode scanner when I went home to our province and shop on their store.

0 comments:

Post a Comment